Our mission is to empower students to maximize their abilities to thrive in today’s global community.
At the University of California, Irvine, providing a culture of inclusion and equal opportunity for students with disabilities is a campus wide responsibility and commitment. UCI demonstrates its core values of individual growth, development, civility, and diversity by recognizing students with disabilities as an important part of its student body.
- Strive to create a culture of inclusion and access to all UCI programs, services, activities, events, and facilities for students with disabilities.
- Form partnerships with the University community to design and implement an inclusive, equitable and accessible UCI environment.
- Promote increased awareness of disability as diversity on campus.
- Provide reasonable accommodations, and related disability services to UCI students, Continuing Education, Summer Session students, and other program participants.
- Collaborate with faculty/staff in the provision of reasonable accommodations and services.
- Support and advise academic and administrative departments regarding accessibility to physical and online environments.
- Monitor campus compliance with requirements under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA).
- Consult with campus community about disability compliance or concerns.