- Students with a permanent or temporary impairment will be asked to submit a Disability Verification Form to the DSC, which needs to be filled out in part by a qualified health care professional.
- Students with a learning disability may be asked to submit a Psychoeducational Assessment from their health care provider. For more information on this type of assessment, please contact DSC.
- Students who are requesting Housing Accommodations will be asked to complete the Housing Accommodation Verification Form. If requesting an Emotional Support Animal, do not fill out the Housing Accommodation Verification Form. See the Emotional Support Animal Policy below.
- Students should contact DSC if they have any questions or concerns about documentation.
Emotional Support Animals
In accordance with the new interim Emotional Support Animal Policy, please utilize the following forms when applying for an Emotional Support Animal for Housing:
- Health Care or Social Services Provider Form In Support of Application for Emotional Support Animal in UCI Housing (or substantially the same information on the letterhead, and with the signature of, the treating health care provider) signed and dated by the health care provider within the past 12 months;
- Veterinary Health Form (or substantially the same information on the letterhead, and with the signature of, the treating veterinarian) signed and dated by the veterinarian within the past 12 months.
Please note that UCI does not accept letters from the numerous online companies who (in exchange for a fee) purport to offer verification or certification of the need for an emotional support animal. To warrant approval of a request for an emotional support animal, a student should be prepared to submit appropriate medical documentation describing the functional limitations caused by the disability and the manner in which the support animal ameliorates these limitations.
The University of California has guidelines for documentation and accommodations. Below are guidelines for different disabilities: